Fudgy Vegan Brownies ... YUM
“There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate.” Linda Grayson
Well, do not be thrown off by the three plus rating... my group loved these brownies. I made them last Christmas Eve. Find the recipe online here. The ingredients do not make enough so DOUBLE the recipe to use an 8 x 8 pan. The ingredients below are NOT doubled.
- ⅔ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 3 teaspoons ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ½ cup walnuts, finely chopped (optional)
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper, extending paper over edges.
2. In a small bowl combine the maple syrup, applesauce, almond butter, flaxseed, and vanilla.
3. In a medium bowl stir together the flour, walnuts, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add applesauce mixture to flour mixture, and stir just until combined. Spread batter in the prepared pan.
4. Bake 30 minutes or until firm. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Using edges of parchment paper, lift uncut brownies out of pan. Cut into 12 brownies.
Terry and I have been Whole Foods Plant Based for almost seven years now. We do eat a bit off the grid if we go out to eat... he does, I try to stay clean... and we love feeling better and love the weight that we have lost and kept off. We follow Forks over Knives and Dr Greger and Dr McDougall.