Are you taken?
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken. " Oscar Wilde
I also like the quote by Judy Garland, "Always be a first rate version of yourself and not a second rate version of someone else."
This is what The Arrival looked like before I started it. It became it's own self for sure.
Joyce Myers has an excellent article on being yourself and being your best. Read it here.
Basically we all tend to look in the mirror at ourselves and naturally see the negative or flaws.
WHY? Joyce basically makes good points about the Bible that speaks about a good tree will bear good fruit, and a rotten tree will bear rotten fruit. The 'fruit' inside of us becomes the root of us. Scary. Why it is hard for us to accept ourselves as God has made us is beyond me. I struggle just like you.
1. Never say negative things about yourself. I am referring to when you say, "I NEVER do anything right." or "I look pretty bad." Matthew 12:37 says 'by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."
2. Speak good things about yourself using God's promises. "I am the righteousness of God in Christ." "God created me and formed me with His own hands, and God doesn't make mistakes." Look into the mirror and tell yourself "GOD loves me and accepts me."
3. Stop comparing yourself to other people. That never ends well. God created each of us differently for a reason. You are different. I am different. You are great, I am great.
4. We all have flaws and negative parts to us. We are human. Do not dwell on those thoughts and weaknesses. Be confident with your strengths and concentrate on the positive.
5. What are your gifts? Focus on those. God hand created you. God gifted you with special talents. Do not think about your limitations. Concentrate on those gifts.
6. Never let another person define you.
7. What do you like to do that you do well? When you find something continue doing it. Every time you do it, it builds your confidence. You will feel successful. Nothing wrong with that.
6. Are you courageous enough to be different? Galatians 1:10... be a God pleaser and not a people pleaser. Do not follow the crowd. Go with your heart.
7. Never let another person define you.
8. We all have flaws and negative parts to us. We are human. Do not dwell on those thoughts and weaknesses. Be confident with your strengths and concentrate on the positive.